This page has moved to a new address.

Calorie Inequality

Curds 'n' Weigh: Calorie Inequality

Friday, June 22, 2012

Calorie Inequality



I've been struggling the past few days trying to find a balance between meeting my daily calories while not going over on "bad" nutrients (fat, sodium, cholesterol) and getting enough "good" nutrients (vitamins, minerals, etc).  I'm generally able to stay well within my calorie allowance for the day, but either don't get enough of something or too much of something else...I feel like a tightrope artist practicing funambulism!

One important thing that I'm learning is how to select low-calorie, nutritionally dense foods so that I'm able to eat a large enough portion to feel satisfied.  I have a tendency to over restrict and then feel famished, which ruins the following day because I'm so hungry that I'm focusing on meeting calories and not getting enough nutrients.  Not all calories are created equally...while I could probably lose weight by consuming 1200 calories a day of junk food, I'd be starving...not to mention my health and energy levels would tank!  Conversely, I could gorge myself on 2000 calories of lettuce and, though full, would still have problems with my energy.  Balance.

Besides trying to find balance, I'm noticing that I feel great!  Less pain in my joints, much more energy...bouncing around the house and running up the stairs.  The scale, however, is an evil little mechanism...haven't lost any more weight, but I can feel the physical changes in my body.  I'm considering putting the scale away and only weighing on Saturday mornings to help with my preoccupation with the numbers.  That means still no first charm, but at least I'll be able to keep my sanity!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback as well as share in your story. Please take a moment to say a few words...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home