This page has moved to a new address.

Pain in the ass!

Curds 'n' Weigh: Pain in the ass!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pain in the ass!

I have no idea what I was expecting for the colonic irrigation experience, but what happened was not at all what I imagined.


After starting my new life eating plan last week, I could feel my body beginning to purge and I intuitively knew that it was time to receive a colonic.  I'd heard about the procedure years ago, but was always nervous and never made it a priority to inquire about one.  I was drawn to this particular business after viewing their website and spiritually connection to the philosophy and beliefs expressed.  The company, a husband and wife team, has been in business for over seven years, focusing on total mind, body and spirit healing.  After a brief conversation with Alec, the husband, a few days ago, I knew I needed to take the plunge and get it done.

Colonic irrigation has a number of benefits, the most obvious of which is the fact that it cleanses your body of stagnant fecal matter.  In addition, colonics help remove toxins and undigested materials, which can help with weight loss, migraines, menstrual cramps, clearing skin of acne/blemishes, improving energy and circulation, increased mental clarity, reduction of gas/flatulence and relief of chronic constipation.  Obese people can often hold up to 25 pounds of stagnant waste in their bowels.

Alec and Kristen's business is located inside of their home...as I walked with trepidation down to the basement I could barely stop the flutter of nervous wings in my belly.  Alec made a bit of small talk, which only increased my anxiety.  I was about to willingly let a stranger put a foreign object up my rear in the basement of a private home.  I wanted to cancel my appointment and run screaming back to my car, but upon entering I was relaxed, if only slightly.




The space was very professional, though very low-tech.  Alec stepped out while I undressed from the bottom down and laid in fetal position on the bed (and sneaked these pictures lol).  Before he started, he laid his hand on my hip and prayed or "set an intention".  He set the intention forth that the cleansing would be total body, mind and spirit and would rid me of any stagnant, toxic or otherwise detrimental emotions, traumas and waste.  He told me to take a deep breath as he slid a speculum up my hind parts and I froze in place!  This was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever gone through...or so I thought until he turned on the water.  They use a closed system that allows water to simultaneously flow in and out of the body.  It felt like I was pooping in reverse...SOOOO uncomfortable!  BUT, Alec was very comforting and helped put me at ease.  We talked about my weight loss goals, the positive changes that I'm making in my life, ways to help support my health.  He had me get up and poop after about 45 minutes (which was mostly water).  He said that I was extremely impacted, so for the second half, he alternated between water in and water out, which helped increase the force and cleansed a bit deeper.  When it was all done, I felt a little more energy and my stomach felt MUCH emptier, but I'll have to see how I feel in the next couple of days to determine how helpful this was.  I did, however, already schedule my appointment for two weeks from now (he recommended every two weeks for the first two months and then twice a year thereafter).

He recommended that I drink fresh juice (as I planned) and get a dietary supplement called Super Green Drink from Trader Joe's.


I came home and immediately ran upstairs to weigh myself...thought I was going to lose at least a pound, but I actually gained a pound and a half (obviously water).  This was a very interesting experience...but I'm open to the process so we'll see what the future holds.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback as well as share in your story. Please take a moment to say a few words...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home