This page has moved to a new address.

Asparagus Summer Salad

Curds 'n' Weigh: Asparagus Summer Salad

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Asparagus Summer Salad

As you will quickly learn...I love to cook, but even more...I love to eat!  Something about different textures and flavors exploding in my mouth is akin to something like a slice of Heaven!  I digress...

As part of my weight-loss journey, I am focusing on developing tasty, FILLING recipes that don't leave me feeling deprived.  Let me tell you...there is nothing worse than a fat girl being deprived of food...all will feel the wrath of my rumbling belly!  Thankfully, I love FOOD (healthy food included) so coming up with recipes to fit my new lifestyle hasn't been too difficult.  Today's lunch: Asparagus Summer Salad

Ingredients:
3 oz spring mix
2 oz baby kale
1/3 oz homemade roasted almonds, roughly chopped
4 oz raw asparagus, ends discarded
4 oz grilled chicken breast
2-3 large strawberries, sliced
1 hard boiled egg, diced (optional)
2T homemade reduced fat honey mustard dressing (recipe below)

Nutrition Facts: 534 calories, 10g fat, 2g saturated fat, 200mg sodium, 7g fiber, 49 grams protein!!!, 121% Vitamin A, 174% Vitamin C, 29% Calcium, 41% Iron

This was a nutrient-packed lunch...very fulfilling.  A little bitter mixed with sweet with a nice crunch...super tasty!


Honey Mustard Dressing:
2T fat-free mayonnaise
2T mustard
2T organic honey
1tsp low-sodium Worcheshire sauce

Mix well until creamy.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback as well as share in your story. Please take a moment to say a few words...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home