This page has moved to a new address.

Tongue Tied

Curds 'n' Weigh: Tongue Tied

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tongue Tied

I was speaking with a close friend today about my blog and she said something that resonated deeply with me: "I let my little tongue control my whole body".

How often has my tongue gotten me into trouble:  devouring the sweet decadence of a rich, fattening slice of cheesecake leaving my stomach bloated and my mind guilt-ridden...tongue craving an extra-meat/extra-cheese pizza because it "tastes better that way" leading my waistline to expand and my stomach to stick out further than my butt.

I'm learning that instead of giving my tongue full control, my body needs to be in agreement with all decisions...what's good for my mouth must be good for my thighs, stomach, brain!  My tongue doesn't know what's best for me...I've gotten into trouble far too often for words spoken by my tongue.

So why is it that I've allowed such a small part of my body to control me for so long?  It seems like I have more weight to lose in my thought process than I do on my body...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback as well as share in your story. Please take a moment to say a few words...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home