This page has moved to a new address.

Breakfast McCurds 'n' Weigh

Curds 'n' Weigh: Breakfast McCurds 'n' Weigh

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Breakfast McCurds 'n' Weigh

I've kinda been short-changing myself with breakfast recently: eating a Clif bar on the way out the door, cottage cheese and fruit or just an apple some days.  While all of these are okay choices, today I needed something more substantial.

I started out with fresh fruit and veggie juice: spinach, ginger, carrot, orange and pineapple.  A lot of people who are new to juicing are intimidated by leafy greens in fruit juice.  Drinking spinach seems so health freak/Popeye-the-sailorish, but surprisingly spinach really only affects the color--in addition to giving much-needed vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and if you let Popeye tell it...muscles!  This juice is my favorite because it just tastes like a not-so-sweet pineapple/orange juice.  The ginger gives it a nice refreshing quality and the carrots and pineapple blend to give it a cool lava-lamp effect :)  Fresh juice always makes me feel like I can scale mountains.


I made a hearty breakfast sandwich to go along with my superwoman juice: 5-grain flaxseed flatbread (fold-it style), one whole egg and one egg white, few grape tomatoes, some spinach, a pinch of feta cheese and avocado "mayonnaise" all came together to form a party in my tummy!


Toast flatbread on both sides in dry skillet over medium heat until warm and slightly crisp.
Spread mashed avocado on both sides of flatbread, about 1/4 of an avocado total.
Wilt spinach in skillet with one teaspoon Bragg's Liquid Amino's.  Set on one side of flatbread.

Saute tomatoes and feta until feta is bubbly.
Pour egg directly over tomatoes, cook for about one minute then flip.  Be sure to press out excess moisture.


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Party in your Tummy....So yummy! So yummy! lol

A Rose named Kimmie

 

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback as well as share in your story. Please take a moment to say a few words...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home